Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Favecrafts Apron Pattern ebook review

Favecrafts recently put together another free e-book for 8 apron patterns. They asked for people do review and I decided to give it a whirl.

Favecrafts is a fabulous website if you're looking for 1000 of different free ideas in sewing, crochet, knitting and so much more.

The free e-book includes patterns for a lined apron, Sassy Apron, Pillowcase apron, coffee bag apron, reversible scrap fabric apron, quick and easy apron, halloween apron and Cupcake apron.

I only tried 2 of them which included the pillow case apron and the quick & easy apron. I would love to try them all but don't have the time just yet. Maybe later.

The pillowcase apron was so easy. I think I made it up in less than 15 minutes. The instructions were easy to understand for me and I would consider myself a late beginner to sewing. I used to sew all the time growing up but just recently in the past year picked back up on it.

You'll have to forgive me but all my aprons are using John Deere Themed fabric, which is what my kitchen theme is because my hubby just loves John Deer and I like yellow and green so I just went with it.
Lol...i just noticed the pillow case fabric is upside down. That is what I get for sewing late at night . :) 

I like that you didn't have to cut anything out for the pillow case apron. You only have to make a few folds, sew them up and sew on ribbon. This makes a great craft apron and would also make a great gift. I like the two big pockets in the front and you could easily make it three pockets if you needed too. Don't have a spare pillowcase check thrift stores and dollar store for a cheap project.

The Quick and Easy Apron was just that only I added a few twists of my own. So it actually looks nothing like a half apron. Just picture the apron with out the bottom layer I added.  I'm not one to follow sewing patterns often. The instructions were very easy to understand and I had no trouble at all putting this one together.



I added a longer layer to the bottom that I ruffled a little and also added rickrack on the seam. 

Of the eight patterns I really liked the Sassy apron but I didn't understand the measurements. This may just be from me not reading patterns often but I found it confusing so I passed on it.  I read through all the other patterns and had not trouble understanding. I just picked out the quick ones for now.


Aprons are making a comeback this fall so why not try your hand at a few!

I actually am working on a tutorial for a bandana apron. You're going to love them and I can't wait to share!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.