Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Folding Lawn Chair Crochet-Over

My daughter has a princess lawn chair she plays tea party with and occasionally snacks in. Apparently she ate something sticky in it at one point because the liner was gross. So I set it aside to clean it but never got around to it. So I had a lightbulb moment and cut the liner off and decided eventually I would do something crafty with it. Here is what I did. {This isn't a pattern just a walkthrough}

The Folding Chair Crochet-Over


Before 
After


I used the liner as a pattern to follow and started with basic Granny squares. I have a tub full of cotton so I thought a bright rainbow theme would be a great stash buster. 


I made two the same size for the seat and back of the chair. 


Here you can see the liner I used to make this up. 


Here is the after. I added tabs in all the same places and then sewed them to the proper place on the chair. It was a little tricky to get it all just right but it was fun just to go with it and make it up as I went. 

Here is the finished product! I just love it! 


My four year old daughter didn't see it till today since she spent the day at her Grandma's yesterday. 
She loves the make over!




The only thing I'd do differently is that you really need to double up on the grannies and maybe make it tighter stitching for an actual sturdy seat. I used an H hook and worsted weight cotton.

I'm going to make a matching granny pillow to sit in the seat so it's more comfy since she kinda sinks in the chair. Honestly I think it's just going to look pretty in my crafty space LOL! 

This is the most unique thing I've ever made and I love it! 
What things have you made or crochet-over?  I'd love to see! 

5 comments:

Preeti said...

Very pretty chair cover!! Stopping by from HOHD link party.

Anonymous said...

Great chair makeover! I love the pretty, bright colors! And this was such a great idea!

Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

Sara @ My Merry Messy Life said...

This is just darling!! What a great idea and something your little girl will just love. Thanks for sharing at Hookin On Hump Day!

Busybee Lou said...

Wow I have a very light weight aluminum lawn chair. The webbing is going to break real soon. Webbing has gotten so expensive, and maybe I can figure something like this out to replace it. The really light weight chairs are almost impossible to find.
Love what you did with your daughter's chair.

Nidhi said...

Excellent job. Thanks for sharing this helpful and informative blog. This helped me to gain more information to learn. I also mentioned here another related article best fold up lawn chairs, I hope it helps.

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.