Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Shortie Sweater

With Spring weather approaching and the ever changing Oklahoma weather. You need the essential Cardigan.  I've looked for a simple pattern before for my Calleigh but didn't like any I found. This weekend I came across this designer and pattern writer from New Zeland on Etsy called Holland Designs. She makes patterns for adorable shoes, slippers, sweaters and more! If you love to crochet you have to check her patterns out. 

I purchased her Shortie Sweater. I was a great pattern but I would say for later beginners or intermediate. 

I used cotton yarn to keep it light weight but I'm unhappy with it and will probably try it again in finer, lighter weight yarn. I crochet tight and the cotton yarn doesn't really stretch so while it fits her fine it doesn't lay right across her chest because of the lack of stretch. I left off the button and will close it with some satin ribbon or might add an extra finishing row to give her the room she need to button. 


My finished sweater


Calleigh cheesing for you in her new dress and a hat I've had in my stock that happens to match. 

Back view of Sweater.

I'm sure I'll purchase some of her other patterns in the future because she didn't have just one cute pattern she had several!

I can make this shrug in anysize nb- women's and in a variety of solid colors? I might offer it in my shop for the little ladies if anyone is interested. What do you think?

3 comments:

CrochetBlogger said...

So adorable! Great pattern for springtime for sure.

Mary said...

That sweater is so pretty! You did a great job. Thanks for sharing :)

Elisabeth Spivey said...

Thanks so much :)

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.