Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Fun with Mohair

A while back I found a a great find of a barely used bag of fabulous yarn for 4.00 . You can read about it here. Truth is I hadn't used much of it yet because I didn't know what to do with it. Yesterday I found a super easy "free" pattern (limited time only) for a Mohair wrap  by Polka Dot Posh {check out her listing for some gorgeous pics of ways to use the wrap!} I thought to myself  "oh I have some mohair!!" So I had some fun last night crocheting with the gorgeous delicate mohair yarn.


The yarn is by Rowan and it's called Kidsilk Night - it's 67% Super kid Mohair, 18% silk , 10 poyester and 5 % nylon. This yarn feel so soft and light! The color is amazing it's a deep purple and is sparkles. These next few pictures won't do it justice. It's gorgeous in person.




This wrap is meant to be used as a newborn photography prop. It can be wrapped like a cocoon or just wrap them up in your own creative way. A sweet little newborn girl would look like an angel all wrapped up in the luxurious huggable yarn.  



Close up! This is made with a large hook so it's nice a stretchy for  a good comfy wrap! 



I only have this one and might have enough to make another. I'm supposed to be getting a box of yarn goodies from my mother {Posh Pooch Designs} because she has lots of mohair she can't use. so I'll have yellow, pink and blue soon. 

What do you think? isn't it lovely! I'll have this listed in my etsy shop shorty!

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.