Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

WIP Wednesday: 18 inch Doll Clothes

I've recently become obsessed with knitting doll clothes for my Daughters 18 inch dolls. She has couple. I bought one about 5 years ago for myself at Target called the Our Generation Line, as I'd intended to design some dolly and me hats but I went another direction with my business designs and gave her the doll.  Now that my Daughter is older she was given and American Girl Doll for her B-day last year from her Oma. She plays with it all the time so I started making her some new outfits per her request! 
This is really when I started to enjoy knitting. I just prefer the look of the knit clothes on the doll.  Here is what I've made so far! 
Good news too is these are all free Knit patterns! 


I love this hat! it's only the 2nd knit hat I'd ever made and it turned out great! It's well written and I like that it used Caron Simply Soft. I have a lot of it to use up! 


 Next up is my 1st ever knit garment! I fell in love with this dress in Raverly. 
I love the construction of the dress. It's worked top down in the round and I just love all the picot edging! It's a great starter dress if you are just learning to knit like me. 


I just love this! Maybe because purple is my favorite color! 
This was a fun set to make. 


Around December of course I had to make something Christmassy. I'm trying to only use the yarn I have on hand in my stash right now which is plenty. haha! I found a skein of I Love This Yarn Holiday Sparkle. 

the Skirt is a great basic skirt from a fun set on my to do list called 



My Daughter had been asking for a doll purse! I'd found graph with the heart design which I can't remember where I found it. (sorry) but I basically made up the square into a purse for the doll. I made  one square, pickup of stitches on the bottom to make the opposite side and then I added ribbing around the top and added a handle. It turned out super cute and was fun just to make it up. 


It's been so fun making all these! I have a few more sets on my needles too! I'll share those next week!  

Oh and be sure to check out my two designs I have for dolls! 














0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.