Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Free Pattern - Iphone/Ipod Purse

Iphone/Ipod purse
I love this design and the texture stitches {I think} looks like houndstooth!

Be sure to add this to your Ravelry Favorites!




Materials: ww(4) yarn ( I used I Love This Acrylic or Cotton from Hobby Lobby)
I hook- {5.5 mm} 
Color (A) Black ; Color (B) White

Stitches used: 
(ch)chain 
(sl st) slip stitch 
(sc) single crochet 
(hdc) Half double crochet

Note : chain stitch doesn’t count in stitch count

With (A) Ch 9

Rd 1 - hdc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch to last, hdc 3 times in last ch, continue to hdc on opposite side of ch to last hdc, hdc 2 time in last ch, join with sl st to 1st hdc, ch 2

Rd 2 - hdc in each hdc around, join with st st to first hdc, turn (20)
Change to (B) This row will start the texturing. Don’t do the sl st’s to tight. Loosen up a little if you crochet tight like me :)

{don’t forget to turn! We’re going the other direction now. Also don’t crochet in the joining stitches when you turn. This will keep your stitches lined up and you won’t end up with extra stitches ; ) I would count every row or you can easily get off count}

Rd 3 - *(hdc in 1st hdc, sl st in the next) repeat around, join with sl st to first hdc, turn Change to (A)

Rd 4 - ch 1, sc in each st around, join with sl st , turn (change to {b}) 

Rd 5 -20 - Repeat rows 3 &4 When you complete row 20 don’t turn! 

Rd 21 - ch 2, hdc in each sc around , join with sl st, ch 1

Rd 22 - sc in first hdc, ch 8 , sk 6 sts, sc 4 , ch 8, sk 6 , sc 3 , join with sl st to first sc, ch 1

Rd 23- sc in each st and ch around , join with sl st , ch 1 Rd 24 - sc in each sc , join with sl st, fasten off and weave in ends.

You don’t have to change colors. You can do this solid too! Just ignore the color changes. You could make a flap on the top and add a button to make a closure, You could chain more and make the handle longer! Put your own twist on it! I’d love to see your creations. Feel free to email me anytime!

Enjoy!!!


Copyright ©2010 Calleigh’s Clips & Crochet Creations All rights reserved. These instructions may not be photocopied or reproduced in any manner. They may not be sold. I have made every effort to ensure that these instructions are accurate and complete. I cannot, however, be responsible for human error, or variations in individual work.
Actual finished product may be sold. My Etsy shop name ID and URL web page address must be mentioned in listing or wherever item is displayed: Calleigh’s Clips & Crochet Creations by Elisabeth Spivey http://calleighsclips.com





9 comments:

CrochetBlogger said...

Very cute design!

ansara said...

This is so nice!! I hope, I'll be able to translate it in german...Thank you for the pattern, greetings from Flensburg/Germany! Andrea :)

Elisabeth Spivey said...

Thanks Ladies!

@ansara- I hope you can traslate it! I would love to see it if you make one ;) I lived in Germany a long long time ago. I was only very young!

Valorie Davis said...

Love the black and white houndstooth effect. Will go with anything. I'm going to add a detachable neck strap. I need my phone handy and don't always have an available pocket. I'm a nurse and work in a variety of settings -including patient's homes.
Thank you!

Birdies Pin said...

Thank you so much, love this i-pad cover and will make for my Grand Kids. I just sent in a pattern to favecrafts for a felted "Kindle Kaddy". You can check it out under my name Berta Gilholm, when they post it. I also have a blog with other free patterns birdiecreates.blogspot.com

Patrice said...

Looking forward to making several of these for Christmas gifts. Thanks for sharing!

Stormy said...

Made one today with "Chocolate" and an nice variegated called "Icy Pond". Had to add 2 more rows to fit my phone, and a few more SCs in the "handle" row because I didn't count my stitches. ;-)

It turned out really well! Thank you!

Patrice said...

I finally got a chance to crochet this lovely purse. It turned out so nice that I'm going to be making more from yarn in my stash to give as Christmas gifts. I even wrote an article (linked to my name) in which I feature the purse as one of five "last-minute" gifts to crochet and knit. Love this pattern!

Unknown said...

So detailed phone case diy tutorial. I'll make one accordingly.

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.