Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thursday Yarn Talk - Unforgettable



I love trying new yarns. I've seen lots of gorgeous projects lately using Red Heart Boutique's Unforgettable. The colors are lovely. I was drawn to the Fall colors of the color way Sunrise with it's Jewel toned brown, oranges, reds and deep blues. The yarn is soft and silky feeling even though it's just acrylic. 


I had a pattern I wanted to make. I recieved it at when I went to my local yarn shop for a knit/crochet in night. Someone won a kit but she didn't crochet so she kept the yarn and gave me the pattern. You are in luck though because I found it on Raverly and it's a free pattern.  It's called the 
Cloudgate Cowl. It's a freebie from Cascade yarns.  




I love the texture of the stitching and the fun ripple. The colors just pop with it! It's a cozy little cowl and doesn't take to much time to work up! The pattern was great. I just would have preferred stitch counts on the rows but once I got it figured out then it was all good. Some times with the ripple stitch it's easy to miss or get and extra stitch and I had to frog several rows because I messed up. It's happens.  It's worked flat, back and forth and then you sew it together for the cowl. I think you could easily make it with a chunky yarn for a nice thick warm cowl and it would still come out a good size! I think I shall try that next! 

What do you think of this yarn? Have you made a project with it? 



2 comments:

wynette vass said...

I love using Boutique Unforgettable yarn. It is so soft and the variegation work up so lovely.

Nancy Clark said...

I love Boutique Unforgettable yarn. It is so easy to work with! I have made several lacy shawls with it and they are beautiful!!

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.