Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pattern Review : Rolling In The Deep Infinity Cowl

Yay! It's finally Fall! One of my favorite times of the year. Time to pull out the boots, scarves and hats! If you love warm fuzzy infinity cowls I have a great one for you! 




First of all this fabulous pattern is a freebie! The pattern very well written. 
It's actually a very easy pattern too once you get the rhythm of the chevron down. If you've never done a chevron stitch design then this would be a great starter because you are going to do it a lot for the short rows! 

The cowl is super long, but I love that. It can be worn in a number of ways, which you can find on Cre8tion Crochet's Blog post. I have mine wrapped 3 times in the pictures. 

I got distracted by other projects so I've been working on it in-between when I could. 
Took me about a week, but I bet you could whip it out in a couple days. 

I used Hobby Lobby's Effervesce in the color ways - Shadow and Petal. Just one skien of each was plenty.  I just adore pink and grey together. 

The Effervesce yarn is soo super soft and slightly fuzzy. It was nice to work with but not fun to unravel if you messed up on a stitch a few rows back (oops). It doesn't seem to leave little fuzzy's on your clothing though which is nice so you don't look like an animal shed on you. (LOL) 
 I hope it doesn't pill but it might. Just the nature of the yarn. 

Note that I did use an H- 5.00mm hook instead of the suggest to match gauge with this yarn and my tension. The scarf came out perfect! 

The pattern would be really easy to adjust if you wanted it shorter too! I just really liked the options with the long scarf! Just perfect for me. 

I look forward to it getting cooler so I can wear it! It's going to be a go to scarf for sure! 
I'm already thinking of making another one with different yarn in black and white or another neutral like tan since Zebra print is so in this fall! 

What do you think? Would you make it? What Colors would you choose? 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.