Pages

Friday, December 19, 2014

Meet Lucy and New Decorative Christmas Headpiece

So my hubby texts me a picture of a dog yesterday - "found this adorable little dog running around in the street by the gas station across town" No tags or collar. The gas station said she'd been around for days.  (I'm thinking oh no we can't have a dog, we aren't supposed to in the rent house we have.) 
My hubby is a sucker for rescuing dogs. 


We had tried the whole dog thing before but mainly larger dogs and I just didn't have time to properly train puppies or they didn't work out with the kids and such. We've re-homed two dogs when we had to move suddenly about a year and half ago. I said I would never do a dog again and thought sorry dear this isn't happening. Meanwhile he called our landlord and he said "well if she's small I think it will be okay!" and thus we have a new puppy! 


I wasn't too excited about it but then I met her and I've fallen in love already! Got her all cleaned up and spent the rest of the evening with her. She is so quiet and sweet. I've yet to hear her bark. She loves the kids. Is going potty likes she's supposed to and she snuggled with us all night long. We still need to get her to the vet for a check up and see if she might be chipped.

We didn't want to go with a Christmas type name for her and it took us a long time to decide but we went with Lucy. My son loves Legos and the latest Lego movie with Emmet and Wildstyle. Wildstyles' real name was Lucy so that's where it came from LOL. 


Now if you know anything about me you know my mom is a crochet designer for dogs-
She is super jealous because she secretly wanting a little Black Chihuahua. I'm pretty sure that's what this little darling is. 
I told her she can't steal my new doggie and she would love her because Lucy didn't mind modeling a little hat I made her. 

I hope you enjoy this pattern. It's basically the same as my 
Decorative Pumpkin Headpiece base with color changes and a little ball on top! 


Decorative Christmas Headpiece  

Don't for get to save this in Raverly or Pin it for later! 





Sized for 2-3 inches between the ears and about 10-12 inches around the head

F - Hook 3.75
Worsted Weight Yarn of choice - Red and White

Notes:
*Chain stitch does not count in stitch count!
*The number at the end of each row is the stitch count for the row (#).

Terms and Stitches: 
*R - row or round
*ch - chain
*sc - single crochet
*sl st - slip stitch
*st - stitch

Starting with Red
R1: Ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from the hook, join with sl st to 1st sc (6) 
R2: Ch 1, 2 sc in each st around, join with sl st to 1st sc (12)
R3: Ch 1, *(2 sc, sc) repeat from * around, join with sl st to 1st sc (18)
R4: Ch 1, *(2 sc, sc 2) repeat from * around, join with sl st to 1st sc (24)
R5: Ch 1, *(2 sc, sc 3) repeat from * around, join with sl st to 1st sc (30)

Switch to White, Fasten off Red
R6: Ch 1, *(2 sc, sc 4) repeat from * around, join with sl st to 1st sc (36) 

Notes: 
Piece should measure approx 2 1/2 inches across.
R 7&8 will form the ear holes and ties

R7: Ch 24, sk 6 sts, sl st in next st, sc in next 11 sts, sl st in next st, ch 24, 
sk 6 sts, sl st in next st, sc in remaining st to beginning ch-24, DO NOT JOIN

R8: sc in next 12 chs, ch 46, sl st in 2nd ch from the hook and next 45 chs, sc in next 12 chs, 
sl st in next 12 sts, sc in next 12 chs, ch 46, sl st in 2nd ch from the hook and next 45 chs, 
sl st in remaining sts to 1st sc, Fasten off and weave in ends. 



Pom Pon Ball

With White
R1: Ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from the hook, join with sl st to 1st sc (6) 
R2: Ch 1, 2 sc in each st around, join with sl st to 1st sc (12)
R3: Ch 1, sc in each st around, join with a sl st to 1st sc (12) 
R4: Ch 1, sc dec in next 2 sts ( 4 times) join with a sl st to 1sc sc (6)
Fasten off, leaving a long tail to sew to hat.

Stuff slightly with some extra white yarn. Sew Ball to middle of headpiece
Fasten off and weave in ends.


4 comments:

Posh Pooch Designs said...

I am jealous and happy for you. She is precious.

kaimijun said...

So cute!

Anna Parmelee said...

I Love Lucy & your Christmas headpiece!!! thank you for sharing your beautiful free patterns & your Moms great patterns & photos too...

Cinnamony Hill said...

she looks like part Jack Russell Terrier in the head area

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.