Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pattern Review: Ups and Downs Slouch by Moogly

I follow a lot of crochet designers. I see lots of fabulous patterns in my Facebook feed but every so often I see one that I have to drop everything and make it right away! I loooove slouchy's! I have a ton and written several patterns myself but this one was unique and I just had to make it! 


This slouch is called the Ups and Downs Slouch by Moogly! I've made many Moogly patterns and I'm never disappointed. The pattern is well written and there are lots of pics and links to help you with it along the way! What I loved about this pattern is I learned a new braided look technic. I love learning new things! 

Now the hard part was picking out what yarn to use! I'd recently picked up a few skeins of this amazingly soft yarn called Berrcco Comfort. It's pricier that I usually pay but this blue shade called my name. 

I have a smaller head so I made the Medium but, even though I checked my gauge I think that I pulled a little tight (as I usually do and I was excited about the hat) It fits but the yarn itself doesn't have a lot of stretch so while it fits, it is a beanie style. I still love it and added these fun leopard buttons!  I tried to get my little Calleigh to model it as it fits as a slouchy on her but she didn't want blue. She wanted purple! 


So 2nd attempt I knew I needed purple!! I went with Vanna's Choice Twists in Plum Jam. 
I made the large and it's perfect! I love this yarn and and fit and the whole design. This will be my morning school bus stop hat once it's not like 100 degrees. fall and winter coming soon??? I love fall! 


I decided to just use one button instead of two on this one. 


Thank you Moogly for another great pattern! I would totally suggest you make this hat! 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the review, I love Moogly patterns and have made quite a few (mainly scarfs). When I saw this Ups and Downs hat on her blog I immediately pinned, this is definitely a must do pattern (for me) as soon as I'm done with my current wips.

Lee Ann said...

Great-looking hat! :)

Lee Ann
Http://crochetgottaloveit.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.