Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Sunrise Market Tote

I was shopping for yarn with my mom while she was visiting for spring break! It's one of our favorite things to do! I hadn't shopped for yarn in a while since I put myself on a yarn freeze until I use up some of my stash......but I made an exception of course.

 Hobby Lobby has a few colorways of what they call "Print" yarn. It's variegated but it flows better than most variegated I have worked with and I usually love the results of it so much more. 
I saw a new color way called Sunrise Sky. I was drawn to it because well it reminded me OKC Thunder Colors! It's is March Madness after all. Basketball is on my mind. 
I just love the combination of Orange and Blue. 

I didn't know what I was going to make with it, but I was going to make use of it right away. 
I really wanted to design something other than a hat or scarf since it's spring. 
When I think spring I think farmers markets so I decided to make a big ole bag! 
The stitch pattern is fun and it works up fairly quickly once you get the hang of it. 

I really love the way it turned out! Now time to go shopping or maybe just fill it with yarn as a project bag! Since I do have several projects I need to finish. 

Sunrise Market Tote

Be sure to add this to your Raverly favorites
An ad free PDF is available for purchase in Craftsy.




Skill: Intermediate

Materials
Worsted Weight yarn (4): I used: I Love This Yarn - Sunrise Sky, 2 skeins approx. 375-400 yards

J-Hook - 6.00mm

Bag Measures about 14 inches across by 18 inches long (not including the handles) 

Terms and Stitches: 
ch: chain
st: stitch
sl: slip
sp: space
sk: skip
sc: single crochet
dc: double crochet 
rep: repeat
YO: yarn over

Special Sts:

2-dc Cluster: To work 2-dc Cluster (uses one st or sp), * YO, insert hook in st or sp indicated, YO and pull up a loop,YO and draw through 2 loops on hook; repeat from * once more, YO and draw through all 3 loops on hook.

Shell : (2-dc Cluster, ch 1, dc, ch 1, 2-dc Cluster)

Notes: 
*Ch st does not count as a stitch in stitch count at end of rounds. (#)
*Always join to the 1st st of the round or indicated stitch, not the ch.


Round 1: ch 3, 12 dc in 3rd ch from the hook, join (12)
Round 2: ch 2, 2 dc in each dc around, join (24)
Round 3: ch 2, *(2 dc in next st, dc in next st), rep from * around, join (36)
Round 4: ch 2, *(2 dc in next st, dc in next 2 sts), rep from * around, join (48)
Round 5: ch 2, *(2 dc in next st, dc in next 3 sts), rep from * around, join (60)
Round 6: ch 2, *(2 dc in next st, dc in next 4 sts), rep from * around, join (72)
Round 7: ch 2, *(2 dc in next st, dc in next 5 sts), rep from * around, join (84)
Round 8: ch 2, *(2 dc in next st, dc in next 6 sts), rep from * around to last 7 sts, dc in last 7 sts, join (95)


Round 9: Ch 2, (dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, 2-dc cluster) in the 1st st, * skip next 4 sts, work (2-dc Cluster, ch 1, dc, ch 1, 2-dc Cluster) in next st, rep from * around to last 4 sts, skip next 4 sts, join with a sl st to top of 1st dc, (not ch-2) 

Round 10: ch 1, turn, sc in sp between the 2-dc cluster, (see image below row) ch 3, * dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1, dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 3, skip next 2-dc Cluster, sc in sp before next 2-dc Cluster, ch 3; repeat from * around to last (Shell), dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1, dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 3, join with a sl st to 1st sc


Round 11: ch 1, turn, sl st in 1st ch-3 sp, work (2-dc Cluster, ch 1, dc, ch 1, 2-dc Cluster) in next ch-1 sp * skip next 2 ch-3 sps, work (2-dc Cluster, ch 1, dc, ch 1, 2-dc Cluster) in next ch-1 sp, rep from * around, join with a sl st to 1st 2-dc Cluster. 

Round 12-13, 14-15, 16-17, 18-19, 20-21, 22-23, 24-25, 26-27, 28-29: Rep Rounds 10-11
(if you want a shorter/longer bag feel free to omit/add rounds here)

Round 30: ch 1, do not turn, *(sc in the space between the 2-dc cluster, sk 2-dc cl, sc in ch-1 sp, sc in dc, sc in ch-1 sp, sc in 2-dc cl) rep from * around, join 

Round 31-35: ch 1, sc in each st around. join 

Round 36: ch 1, sc in 1st 15 sts, ch 60, sk next 17 sts, sc in next 30 sts, ch 60, sk next 17 sts, sc in remaining sts, join 

Round 37: ch 1, sc in each st and ch around, join 

Round 38-41: ch 1, sc in each st around, join 
Fasten off and weave in ends. 

Enjoy your awesome new bag! 



29 comments:

Posh Pooch Designs said...

I Love how the yarn colors flow and I love the size!!!! It would also be a great project tote!

Ana Love Craft said...

Awesome bag! Thanks for sharing!
Have a wonderful Easter!
Hugs and love from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Start Business in Delhi said...

very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

Web Developers Delhi said...

This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

LitlBits said...

I LOVE this bag - and have added to my To Do NOW list! Don't you just love Hobby Lobby yarns? - so much better than the 'other' national brand in its class! Doesn't fuzz and is so much softer overall - and nicer to work with. Their "more expensive" yarns (like Diva) are also so very nice to work with.
Thank you for this lovely pattern. Gave up on plastic bags long ago...and I need to replace many of my 'reusable' bags...this one will do it nicely. and it looks rather quick to work up.

Unknown said...

Waouh super

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pattern! I too am on a "yarn freeze" until I use up some of my stash. I have used a lot of it on a floral afghan, but still have a ton to use up! I will be using some of it to make a couple of these bags - you can never have enough re-usable shopping bags! Thanks, again! I love the pattern!

Orphan Annie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Orphan Annie said...

I have a rough time doing patterns wish their was a video of this!!

Anonymous said...

I made two of these bags for gifts! Easy and works up quickly. Thank you for the pattern! I made the bottom and top several rows a solid color. I thought I could post a picture but I see no way to do so.
Patty

Elisabeth Spivey said...

I'm so glad you love it. You can't post to the blog but you can share a pic on my Facebook page or email it to me Calleighclips @ att. net

Elisabeth Spivey said...

I'm slowly working on adding videos of my free patterns to YouTube. feel free to subscribe there and follow for updates.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I have no idea where I am going wrong but this is getting tighter & looks nothing like the picture. I'm fairly new to crochet so all assistance is welcome

Aytekiin said...

Erzurum
istanbul
Ağrı
Malatya
Trabzon
B35X1

Esen1 said...

Antalya
Konya
Adana
Ankara
Van
TSBYD

Krystal345 said...

yozgat
tunceli
hakkari
zonguldak
adıyaman
1D5

MaceraRüzgarı23 said...

https://titandijital.com.tr/
kilis parça eşya taşıma
bursa parça eşya taşıma
ığdır parça eşya taşıma
bitlis parça eşya taşıma
4H1G6

HyperspaceNomadess said...

uşak evden eve nakliyat
balıkesir evden eve nakliyat
tokat evden eve nakliyat
kayseri evden eve nakliyat
denizli evden eve nakliyat
J4GD2

30279JovaniE8617 said...

2CDB7
Çankaya Boya Ustası
Giresun Şehirler Arası Nakliyat
Hakkari Şehirler Arası Nakliyat
Gümüşhane Parça Eşya Taşıma
Kocaeli Lojistik
Maraş Parça Eşya Taşıma
Trabzon Parça Eşya Taşıma
Balıkesir Parça Eşya Taşıma
Hatay Parça Eşya Taşıma

247DBBrighton30BB7 said...

A01D4
Çerkezköy Buzdolabı Tamircisi
Erzincan Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Kocaeli Parça Eşya Taşıma
Mersin Parça Eşya Taşıma
Tekirdağ Parke Ustası
Iğdır Evden Eve Nakliyat
Erzurum Evden Eve Nakliyat
Çerkezköy Organizasyon
Satoshi Coin Hangi Borsada

986C9RogerDB24E said...

090D8
Kars Evden Eve Nakliyat
Sinop Şehirler Arası Nakliyat
Düzce Şehirler Arası Nakliyat
Iğdır Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Osmaniye Parça Eşya Taşıma
Çanakkale Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Muş Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Kars Parça Eşya Taşıma
Arbitrum Coin Hangi Borsada

36F70Dariana245B5 said...

37D4A
binance indirim kodu %20

1DA9CSelina12E88 said...

151AA
ankara canlı sohbet
mersin kadınlarla görüntülü sohbet
kızlarla rastgele sohbet
muhabbet sohbet
ığdır kadınlarla sohbet et
konya random görüntülü sohbet
bitlis ücretsiz sohbet sitesi
artvin sesli mobil sohbet
zonguldak sohbet chat

23EC0DominiqueD2DC0 said...

37353
sinop telefonda rastgele sohbet
çorum ucretsiz sohbet
urfa telefonda kızlarla sohbet
ücretsiz sohbet uygulamaları
çankırı sesli sohbet
sohbet uygulamaları
osmaniye parasız görüntülü sohbet
görüntülü sohbet uygulama
sinop nanytoo sohbet

47AAFClarenceC7F92 said...

96FF0
maraş random görüntülü sohbet
çanakkale kadınlarla sohbet
mardin tamamen ücretsiz sohbet siteleri
canlı görüntülü sohbet odaları
bilecik mobil sohbet siteleri
diyarbakır kadınlarla sohbet et
muğla canlı sohbet siteleri ücretsiz
tekirdağ mobil sohbet siteleri
giresun ücretsiz sohbet odaları

BD0D2KenzieB33F4 said...

65C27
Facebook Beğeni Hilesi
Mefa Coin Hangi Borsada
Bitcoin Mining Nasıl Yapılır
Görüntülü Sohbet Parasız
Bitcoin Üretme
Bitcoin Nasıl Kazılır
Trovo Takipçi Satın Al
Bitcoin Kazanma Siteleri
Sohbet

F59D3Adeline820AB said...

5B928
Kripto Para Madenciliği Siteleri
Twitch Takipçi Satın Al
Lunc Coin Hangi Borsada
Binance Borsası Güvenilir mi
Periscope Beğeni Hilesi
Binance Nasıl Üye Olunur
Binance Komisyon Ne Kadar
Görüntülü Sohbet
Kwai Beğeni Satın Al

C74C7ChristopherF3CA0 said...

2C7AA
Sohbet
Milyon Coin Hangi Borsada
Referans Kimliği Nedir
Tumblr Beğeni Satın Al
Yeni Çıkan Coin Nasıl Alınır
Telcoin Coin Hangi Borsada
Coin Üretme Siteleri
Coin Madenciliği Nasıl Yapılır
Trovo Takipçi Satın Al

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.