Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Featuring : A Crafty Cupcake

Featuring: 


Where are you from?
 Ontario, Canada

What do you specialize in?
Mainly crochet items, although I do offer hair bows and some jewelry.

How long have you crocheted? 
Just over a year - I'm a quick learner

Where do you draw your inspirations? 
My children, of course :)

Do you have a item you've made that is super special and why? 
The very first item I made - and the namesake for my store :)

What is your favorite stitch? 
I'm not sure I have a favourite.
I like the Star Stitch.
My most stitch would likely be the half-double crochet (hdc)

What other crafts do you like to do? 
Beading & jewelry work

Do you donate or give back any portion of your sales to charity or an organization?
Not my sales - the majority of that goes back into yarn purchases, however I do doante hats to my local hospital.
Currently I am working on a pay-it-forward program called 29 Leaps

what's your favorite hook?
I'm not sure that it's my favourite, but my most used is likely my 5.5mm

What's your favorite yarn?
I like working with cotton yarns.

Why do you love to crochet? 
I find it to be a creative way to relax. 
And I love seeing people's faces light up when they receive an item I've made for them

Who taught you to crochet? 
I taught myself (in one weekend) by watching YouTube tutorials.

On A More Personal note: 


My sister and I (I'm the one with the braided headband)



if you could have a super power what would it be? 
Super Speed -- imagine how many crochet hats I could whip out then LOL

Favorite vacation spot or travel destination
I've never really travelled anywhere other than northern Ontario cottages.
I'd love to go south, to an ocean-side resort...

If you had a million dollar how would you spend it
I'd start with putting money away for my kids' schooling...
Then a new house with a HUGE craft room!

What's your favorite color?
Purple/pink/blue

What's your favorite drink
Iced Tea (I think Americans call it sweet tea)

If you are a salad what kind of dressing do you have?
Ranch...

Are you a dog or cat person?
Both.
I have 2 cats & 2 dogs.

If I look in your refrigerator what do I find?
The first thing you'd likely see is Ranch Dressing (my kids put it on everything so we always have alot of it)


What's your favorite book/author and why? 
Forever and the Night by Linda Lael Miller.
I love a good Vampire Romance...

What did you want to grow up to be when you were a child?
A Marine biologist

Favorite Music {song/group/genera}?
Rock... BonJovi, Daughtry, Marianas Trench, Hedley, Hinder...

Please go check out : A Crafty Cupcake (tell her Calleigh's Clips sent you! 
(coming soon - http://acraftycupcake.com)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.