Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

American Girl Adventure

For the past few months I'd contemplated going in another new direction with my crochet. I thought it would be fun to make clothing and accessories for 18 inch dolls. I hadn't had the chance to try it until a friend emailed me and asked if I'd like to make some crochet doll hats for the clothing they make to sell. So that sparked the adventure. So far I've just made the hats I already do in smaller sizes. It's been good practice for me to think outside a pattern.

I needed a doll and wasn't about to pay $100 plus for a doll so I research from cheaper options but still wanted good quality. I found at target there version of American Girl called Our Generation Dolls. I though it was perfect and a fourth of the price. There are other options if you really want it less than $25.00. I found one similar at Ross for 17.99 and I was told you can get them a Michael's for less if you use a 40% off coupon that comes around regularly. I didn't see them at my local stores though.

My main goal right now is to promote Made to Match hats. One for girls and a matching one for her doll. My Facebook Fan already are loving the idea. I can't wait to try out some clothing too! There are already lots of free patterns for American Girl Dolls. Cobblers Cabin is just one site that has some cute patterns. I liked her Winter accessories Patterns  and see has plenty more.

Here are just a few pics of what I've made so far:

Mariposa "butterfly" Beanie


Swirly Shell Beanie


This last picture is our new adopted model. Her name on the box is Sandie but we're having a Re-Name Contest over on our Facebook Fan Page.  Just Visit this picture of her on facebook for rules. The winner will be chosen on Random.org and will win a Made to Match doll hat on there next hat purchase or 15% off. So come join the fun! This will run till Thursday Sept 16th at midnight and I'll pick a winner the following Friday.



Snow White Cluster Beanie with Pink Flower 




2 comments:

The Oxford Family said...

they are turning out so cute! I am sure the change is nice as well :)

Tracy said...

Cute hats! My girls have American Girl dolls and love to dress them!
I am your newest GFC follower and Networked blog follower and I'm about to check out your FB blog page and become a fan there as well. Thanks for your comment on my blog post! Come visit again and follow back if you'd like!
Tracy at "A Slice of Smith Life"
http://www.asliceofsmithlife.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.