Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Kitchen Cotton Creations


Right before our big move I purchased a large ball of cotton yarn on a whim with a 50% coupon at Joann's. It was Bernats Handicrafter cotton. I hadn't used it before but I really like this cotton. I usually only used Lily's Sugar and Cream but it's not my favorite to work with. I wanted to make some new dishcloths and other items for my new kitchen. I found some really fun projects and I'm going to share them with links to the free patterns I used.

Here is everything I made. 
5 dishcloths -3 different varieties, a pot holder, a towel holder and a loverly center piece. 





Really simple pattern, quick and easy! 



Towel holder  I kinda made on my own but I was inspired from this pattern 


I love this dishcloth. It has a great texture and works up really nicely! 


This one was really textured with post stitches but I can't for the life of me find the pattern I used...ack!
Sorry! I will post it when I find it. 



 These three dish clothes were just made with sc stitches in rows. Nothing special, Just used up the rest of what I had left. 


Last but not least! I've not done any pineapple patterns but when I saw this I knew I had to make it.  This one turned out gorgeous. It was supposed to be a placemat but it was really big so I decided it was a perfect center piece for my tiny table. I think these would be gorgeous in any colors. Might even remake it with thicker yarn and bigger hook for a pretty rug for my new crafty loft


What kind of kitchen creations have you made? 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.