Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Yarn Substitution - Kitten and Tiger Cuddle Cape Sets

I've had some fun with my Kitty Cat and Tiger Cuddle Cape patterns this week!



 I thought I'd show you some new combinations from these two fun patterns to spark up new ideas for you! 

I got a custom order for a tiger to match the Mizzou Tigers. It was a simple change of colors to Black and Gold instead of orange. 


This next one is a leopard! I bought this fun yarn and I must get more. It Fleece yarn. It's very soft and cozy! Fabulous to work with. It's hard to tell far away but up closer you can see the print. 

The yarn is by Premier yarn's, Deborah Norville Cuddle Fleece
You can purchase and see all the fun colorways here

I used Earthen, but I'm dying to try Spooky(looks like snow-leapord) and Cheetah! 


There is just enough to make a nb cape set with one skein but if you want a longer tail or larger size you'll definitely need two! It works up just like the regular bulky 5 I call for in the patterns so it's a great sub for some other feline ideas! 

These are some older custom orders I've made but I thought it would be good to mention too! 
Try some in fuzzy or fun fur yarns! I looove this tiger set I made. The fur has yellow, red and orange tones. Use one strand of worsted and one strand of fun fur to bulky it up for matching gauge! 



Here is an example of a tabby cat custom order. I used three strands at the same time to make this one. One was worsted, one was fun fur and one was a brushed lace weight. Gave it just the right effect of colors the customer desired. It wasn't overly heavy and very soft! 


Yarn substitutions can really give a pattern a whole new look. Don't be afraid to play and combine new ideas to the same old pattern! Enjoy! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.