Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Crochet Along - Mermaid Tears Purse - Part 1 ( Materials)

I've been wanting to crochet a really fun textured purse for a while and today I started browsing. I usually don't mind buying a pattern and I found several I liked but I found one that just click and I was so excited that it was for free. I though this would be a really fun crochet along. I hope you can join us. Since I don't have time to make it in lots of fun color combos I can't wait to see what you come up with. So let's get started. 



Materials:

To get started you'll need to download the pattern. I've got a link from my pinterest board above. 
It's on the bernat website so you'll have to join in order to see that pattern. There are tons of free patterns there so I know you won't mind signing up :) 

It's called the Mermaid Tears purse: 

It uses the fabulous crocodile stitch that I've been meaning to try so now here's my chance :)

You'll need 3 contrasting colors. 

I'm not going to use the brand of yarn it calls for. It uses worsted weight so my go to's for this are I Love This Yarn or Vanna's choice depending on what you use be sure to check the gauge but I figure since it's not a clothing item it's not super important.  

For my project I'm going with kind of a nautical color scheme using Vanna's choice in shades of orange, blue and ivory. I don't have the wrappers so I'm not sure on the exact colors but I want to say goldfish, Lamb and not sure on the blue. 

Get you hooks and yarn together over the weekend and I'll post the first part on Monday!!

Oh did I mention I just found a video tutorial to go with this!!!
By Mikey with The Crochet Crowd

I can't wait so I'm stating my project tonight! 




1 comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.