Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Cozy Blanket Blessings

I don't often make afghan's or blankets! I tend to get bored or lose interest in large projects. Would you believe I've made two in the past month! I really enjoyed making both of these and I knew I had to share the links with you all. You'll want to add these to your to-make crochet lists! 


This first one was so fun and I loved the colors that were requested. 

This is the Circle Chevron Baby Blanket as I call it. 
You can find the free pattern on Ravelry


While I followed the pattern for rounds and stitch counts I followed a picture example a friend of my hubby's sent me for the color changes. I had the perfect colors on hand which is always great! 

I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in
Ocean, Black & White



This ended up being a little bigger than I expected as it's about 54 inches across. It's going to be a great blanket and treasured! I'll would love to make more of these! Could be a great stash buster.  It took me a good few days to make but once you get the hang of the pattern it goes pretty quickly as long as you don't lose count. 


The 2nd Blanket I made is a Free pattern by Mama in a Stitch called the 


A friend of mine asked if I would like to make it for her! 
I gladly accepted the challenge. I have to say I really enjoyed making this. I love the Granite stitch, (Some times called the moss stitch) it's been a popular stitch pattern lately with all the planned pooling talk. I have to say though making a blanket with mostly sc crochet stitches seemed awful LOL! I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in Ivory and Gray Mist. My saving grace was that I could use two strands at a time to make it bulky. I still used the J-Hook and the gauge was spot on for me as long as I didn't crochet too tight. 

I would have never thought to use these two colors together. 
They are so clean, crisp and fresh together. 

The blanket isn't to heavy and yet thick enough that it is going to make a great cozy blanket by the fire for the winter! 
This was a great project for my little vacation to Colorado. I worked on it little by little and had it done in a week. 




Maybe my fear of big projects is fading because I really want to make another blanket! I don't usually sell them because between time and materials they can become expensive fast but I'm happy to get a fair quote if you are ever interested in a custom order for them! Now I have to get to working on Christmas Presents! I have a feeling this month is going to go by fast! 

What are some of your favorite blanket/afghan patterns! Feel free to comment below or share a link or picture on my facebook page anytime! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.