Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Red Heart Boutique Changes Scarf

Have you ever been yarn shopping and you see a lovely skien of yarn that you just have to have. I have several skeins that way that I have good intentions for but never do anything with them . Well one skien I bought wasn't a super cheap one and I really needed to do something with it. It's called Boutique Changes by Red Heart. I've only seen it once and it was while visiting my Mom in colorado. I got it at Michaels sadly none of my local Michaels in the OKC area carry it, but it can be purchased from RedHeart's Website.  Boutique changes is like 6 yarns all in one skien. It have lovely textures a few boucle types, a ribbon type, a sparkle and brushed mohair. I got the purple shade(my favorite color) but it also comes in 7 other shades.



Now the hard part deciding what to do with it. With only one skien it knew it would be small so I decided it would make a perfect scarf for the fall/winter.  Now to find the right pattern. I'd tried a few things on my own and it just wasn't coming out the way I liked so I've frogged it a few times. I though maybe I wanted something lacy and open looking but then I remembered I'd saved a few patterns on Pinterest (follow me if you'd like) 

I decided on a simple ruffle scarf. You can get the free pattern from Lion Brand but you have to register with there site first to see their patterns. (which they have 100s of!!!) It only took me a couple hours to do and the result it lovely! It's not a heavy scarf so it's a perfect accessory! I wish it was a little cooler her in Oklahoma so I could wear it today but its going to be in the 80's! (I really want some cool fall weather) 




This is the end result! I've never really worn scarves but I think they are my new favorite! I love the way this turned out and I think I might have to have my mom pick up a few more skeins in other colors to make more! (of course as always if you interested in one for yourself and don't crochet I'd love to make you one!)

I found this really cool site on different ways to tie a scarf too. You can find that here.  
It's my favorite way now :)

Have you ever tried this yarn? what did you make? 

Have a great weekend! 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this yarn, so pretty!!
never used it, i have it in green.
im so lucky!
got it in clearance bin, $2.99

lilop said...

where did you get the cowl pattern?

Elisabeth Spivey said...

Here is the pattern link - http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80962AD.html?noImages=&r=1 you'll have to join the Lion Brand website to see it :)

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.